- Artisan Group
- MIA + BSI
After field dimensions are taken, allow 3 – 5 days for RMS to generate a shop drawing that will detail the dimensions/shapes of the tops, the location of cutouts, the edge detail with a section showing overhang, the joint locations, and the color and thickness of the material. RMS will review the shop drawing with the customer, verify the price of the work and once the shop drawing is signed off by the customer, the job will go to the shop for fabrication. Jobs will be sent to fabrication only when all information is received and verified. When the job is ready to fabricate, a completion date will be given to the customer. In the event material is not in stock, the completion date will not be confirmed until the material arrives in the RMS yard. Typical lead time from the date of approved shop drawings is 2 – 4 weeks.
For jobs that RMS is installing, once the cabinets are installed, or the area to receive stone is ready, RMS will go to the job site to take the necessary dimensions or make templates. It is imperative that all cutout information is on site at the time of measuring and that the cabinets are permanently set. In addition to cutout information, we will also need to know required overhangs, height of splashes, radius corners and any other special details. Jobs will not go into production until all cutout and design information is received by RMS. Please allow a 2 – 5 day notice for measuring.
The customer has the option of selecting slabs for their job from RMS stock. Slabs that are selected for a project will be held for one week, if the required deposit has not been made. Once a deposit is received for stock slabs, they will be moved to a sold section in the shop. If slabs are not in stock, we will obtain samples and pictures, if necessary, from our suppliers for the customer to review. Slab material will not be ordered until a deposit is received for the job.
To get an order placed, we need to have the following:
1. Work Order must be filled out completely, clearly explaining the work to be performed, the cost of that work and the customer must sign the work order.
2. A deposit of 50% of the total job must be received. Once these two items are taken care of, the job will be added to our job list for scheduling.
For estimates the following information is required:
1. Dimensions of pieces are needed. A drawing or copy of the plan, highlighted with the areas to receive stone, noting any elevation changes, and backsplashes, should be submitted for estimating.
2. Name of the stone and thickness of stone to be used.
3. Edge detail should be selected and the drawing or plan should note which edges to be finished.
4. Sink/stove/cook tops should be noted. We need to know the type of cutout, under mount or self-rimming, and whether the cutout will be from the slab or done with strips.
5. Any special shape pieces, including radius corners, should be noted. 6. Location of job, for installation estimating. Typical lead time for an estimate is 1 – 2 business days.